Due to the increasing medical costs, Below Poverty Line (BPL) and low-income households in India are pushed into poverty. Whether it is a long term illness or a chronic one, treatment expenses can increase one’s financial burden and result in serious consequences.
How can the BPL population in India be saved from this fate?
With the present situation, the Assam government launched the Atal Amrit Abhiyan. This health assurance scheme provides cashless treatments and critical care coverage for BPL and low-income households. The scheme aims at offering affordable treatment facilities and preventing financial losses arising from exorbitant medical costs.
Features of Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme
- BPL and Above Poverty Line (APL) families with an annual income of up to Rs. 5 lakhs can benefit from this scheme.
- Cashless treatments and healthcare facilities are available under this scheme.
- The scheme is free for BPL families, whereas the APL families need to pay Rs. 100 annually as enrolment fees.
- This scheme is implemented through the Implementation Support Agency (ISA), Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- The ISA issues an Atal Amrit Card to eligible families under this scheme.
Coverage Under Atal Amrit Scheme
- Inpatient treatment facility at empanelled private and public hospitals up to a limit of Rs.2 lakh per individual per annum.
- 438 procedures for medical conditions like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, kidney diseases, neonatal diseases, neurological diseases, and burns.
- Coverage for costs of consultations, diagnosis, medicines and hospital stay are available.
- The scheme also gives daily allowance for travelling expenses of visitors.
Eligibility of Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- Citizens of Assam, excluding government employees, are eligible for this scheme.
- Individuals belonging to BPL families (income less than Rs. 1.2 lakh) and those from APL families (income between Rs. 1.2 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh) are eligible for this scheme.
- Families with an annual income of less than Rs.5 lakh can apply for this scheme.
Documents Required for Atal Amrit Application
- Ration card issued by the Government of Assam
- Income certificate
- EPIC Card
- Birth certificate, in case the applicant is less than 18 years of age
- Voter ID
- Patient photograph attested by a doctor
How to Apply for Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme?
- Visit the nearest Atal Amrit Abhiyan enrollment centre.
- An authorised officer will verify all your documents.
- APL candidates will receive a challan of Rs.100 that needs to be deposited in the bank along with the annual premium.
- After verification, the officer will take your photograph and fingerprints.
- Finally, the Atal Amrit Abhiyan ID card will be issued.
You can also get your Atal Amrit Card from the Assam government’s National Health Mission website. Simply download the application form and submit it with required documents to the Office of the Joint Director of Health Services.
Alternatively, individuals can apply for Navi Cure from Navi at an EMI starting from Rs. 240. This health insurance plan comes with a range of health coverage benefits and an easy claim process. Hence, download the Navi app and get cashless claims in under 20 mins.
List of Cities Covered Under Atal Amrit Scheme
|Barpeta||Karbi Anglong||Dima Hasao|
Families belonging to BPL, lower-income, and even middle-class strata have limited access to quality treatment in case of critical illnesses due to the skyrocketing medical costs. However, with government schemes such as Atal Amrit Abhiyan, members can afford medical services. By going through the above piece, one can learn about the scheme’s eligibility, necessary documents and the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many beneficiaries received benefits under Atal Amrit Abhiyan?
Till now, 3241 beneficiaries received benefits under this scheme.
What is the budget under this scheme?
As of 2016-17 Rs. 45 crores have been released as the scheme’s budget. However, for the year 2017-18, the Government of Assam released Rs. 100 crores as the scheme’s budget.
Who should I contact in case of doubts and queries regarding the Atal Amrit scheme?
In case of questions, you can contact the Department of Health and Family Welfare or visit the scheme’s official website.
How to avail cashless facility under this scheme?
You need to show the unique identification number in the Atal Amrit card to the empanelled hospital to get a cashless treatment facility.
What are the fees required to get the benefits of this scheme?
Atal Amrit Abhiyan is free for BPL families. APL families will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 100 every year for the online renewal of their Atal Amrit Abhiyan ID card.
Before you go…
- Looking for instant 🚀 personal loans 24*7 anywhere, anytime? Install the Navi app now!
- Or, maybe you’re looking to buy that house you’ve been eyeing 🏠 and you need a loan of up to Rs. 5 crore. Install the Navi app now and get your instant in-principle approval right away! Interest rates starting at 6.40% p.a.
- How about an affordable health insurance policy 👨⚕️ starting at a monthly premium of just Rs. 241? Install the Navi app and get your policy under 2 minutes
- Instead, want to put your savings into action and kick-start your investment journey 💸 But don’t have time to do research. Invest now with Navi Nifty 50 Index Fund, sit back, and earn from the top 50 companies.