Lifetime free credit cards are cards that come with no annual or joining fee. They may be best suited for students, or young professionals, who want to avoid paying hefty credit fees and charges. In this blog, we will do a comprehensive analysis of the 8 best lifetime free credit cards in 2023 and give you detailed insights into each.
|Lifetime Free Credit Card
|Best Suited For
|IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card
|Rewards and shopping
|Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
|RBL Insignia Preferred Banking Credit Card
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
|Rewards, cashback, and lounge access
|Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card
|ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
|Dhanlaxmi Bank Platinum Credit Card
|Special privileges and cashback
|Axis Bank MY ZONE Credit Card
|Online shopping, movies, and food delivery
Here are the details of the lifetime free credit cards available in India:
With the IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card, you can enjoy travel perks, superior rewards and round-the-year offers. As a lifetime free credit card, you do not have to pay annual fees for owning IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card. It also offers interest-free ATM cash withdrawals from for up to 48 days.
|• 10X rewards on birthday
• Up to 6X rewards on online purchases, subject to conditions
• Low interest rate, starting at just 9% p.a.
• Unlimited reward points that never expire
|• Value of 1 Reward Point is just ₹0.25
• Reward points not available on insurance payments, fuel transactions, EMI payments, and cash withdrawals
The Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card brings to the table exclusive payback offers for cardholders. Moreover, there is no expiry date for the rewards you can earn with this card. There is also no joining or annual fee for the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card.
|• Unlimited rewards points that never expire
• Up to 3% cashback on more than over 10 Crore products on Amazon India website and up to 2% cashback at over 100 Amazon Pay partner merchants
• No-cost EMI of up to 3 and 6 months available on Amazon India website
|• Value of 1 Reward Point is just ₹1
• Invite-only credit card
• Maximum discount on shopping is available only to Amazon Prime members
The sleek and classy RBL Insignia Preferred Banking Credit Card offers various curated rewards and luxurious holidays. Cardholders can enjoy golfing retreats, curated shopping experiences, and other customised services.
|• 6 complimentary lounge visits in a calendar year with Priority Pass
• 10 reward points on every ₹100 spent internationally
• 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all transactions between ₹500 and ₹4,000
• Exclusive dining experience
|• Fuel surcharge waiver capped at ₹250 per month
• Golf concierge available free of cost only for owners of Insignia MasterCard
• Milestone benefits available on in the anniversary month
This credit card offers exclusive rewards and privileges to card owners. New cardholders can also enjoy welcome privileges on a minimum transaction of ₹2,500 within 30 days of card issuance. They can also enjoy 10% cashback within the first 30 days on any transaction made with the credit card, capped at ₹2,000.
|• 3 complimentary airport lounge access or 3 AirDine meal vouchers
• Savings of up to ₹3,000 on fuel surcharge
• 5X rewards on purchases made after crossing the minimum spend threshold of ₹40,000
• Amazon and Swiggy vouchers worth ₹250 offered upon joining
|• The 3 meal vouchers can only be used in airports in India
• 5X accelerated rewards available only in the anniversary year and is capped at ₹15,000
• Processing of your card application may take up to 14 days. Also, it could take you up to 7 working days to receive the card after approval
• Currency conversion charge and a transaction fee on ATM usage abroad will apply
To get this card, you will not have to provide proof of income, provided you have a fixed depost of ₹15,000 or more. Also as a lifetime free credit card, you do not need to pay any annual fees. Therefore, you can keep this card for a longer period.
|• Cashback on all spends
• No fuel surcharge
• Multiple options for redemption of rewards
• Zero liability on card loss or fraud
• Up to 50 days of interest-free credit from the date of purchase
|• Waiver on fuel surcharge capped at ₹250 per month
• No reward points on fuel purchases
• Only 1 reward point for transactions made with certain merchants
Believe it or not, you could get this card by sending just one SMS. Simply type “PLAT” and send it to 5676766. The bank will get in touch with you shortly to share more details about the card and to help you complete the application. It’s a lifetime free card – so no annual or joining fee. Plus, there is no fee on a supplementary card as well.
|• Built-in contactless technology that enhances your shopping experience
• Reward points can be redeemed for a variety of gifts and vouchers
• Easy online application
|• Minimum age limit for applicant is 23 years
• Overdue interest could be as high as 40.8% on an annualised basis
This card offers you a “world of privileges”. You can pamper yourself with enhanced shopping benefits, a curated fine dining experience, or experiential travel. You will also have access to an online concierge facility.
|• Special benefits on categories, such as golfing, travel, shopping, and dining
• 5% assured cashback on shopping from departmental stores
|• Offered only to self-employed and salaried applicants with a gross annual income of at least ₹6 Lakh
• Cash advance charges of ₹400 per transaction
With this card, you get instant access to amazing discounts on online shopping, food delivery and movies. It also offers increased protection due to its use of PIN and EMV chip technology. You will also get cashback and special perks on Mastercard merchant networks.
|• Up to 15% discount at partner restaurants
• 1% fuel surcharge waiver
• Complimentary airport lounge access
• SonyLiv Premium annual subscription
|• Fuel surcharge waiver applicable only on transactions in India
• The bank could take up to 21 days to inform you about their final decision on your credit card application
• Lifetime free offer only available on select channels
• Swiggy discount available only on transactions of ₹200 and is capped at ₹120
• SonyLive subscription worth ₹999 offered only if you complete your first transaction within 30 days
Choosing the best lifetime free credit card is not easy because it may involve some degree of subjectivity. The suitability of a card depends on the specific needs of the user. However, here are some pointers to help you narrow down your search:
Follow these steps to apply for a free credit card online:
Here are the documents you will generally require:
Here are some common eligibility criteria that some of the best lifetime free credit cards in 2023 might require:
Obtaining a lifetime free credit card without a verifiable and sustainable source of income may be quite difficult. However, it may not be impossible. Some banks offer lifetime free credit cards even to those without an income. However, the only condition is that you may need to open a fixed deposit account with the bank in question, which will be used to secure your credit card.
If you are searching for a credit card with no joining or annual fee, you can opt for a lifetime free credit card. These cards usually offer a wide range of benefits, cashback, rewards, and curated offers. This article has introduced you to 8 top lifetime free credit cards. Now, based on your needs, compare the various lifetime free credit cards in 2023, based on the joining offers, rewards, cashback, and other privileges.
Need money? You could also consider getting a Navi Instant Cash Loan. Let’s tell you why. With this loan, you could get up to ₹20 Lakh at an attractive interest rate, starting at interest rates of 9.9% p.a. and minimal documentation. Simply download the Navi App today to apply!
Yes, a lifetime free credit card can be used in foreign countries. However, some banks/financial institutions levy additional charges for overseas banking/foreign transactions. It is advisable to know the foreign banking charges before applying for a zero annual fee card.
No, a lifetime free credit card doesn’t carry any hidden charges. The cardholder needs to pay for what he/she has spent. The card issuer waives off the associated charges of a lifetime free credit card.
Yes, lifetime free credit card holders can use the card to withdraw money from ATMs in India and abroad.
If the cardholder fails to pay the bill on time, the bank/financial institution will charge a late fee. Additionally, the bank may deactivate the card if the payment isn’t cleared. Please note that this may have a negative impact on the cardholder’s credit score.
The availability of lifetime free credit cards depends on credit lending companies, banks and NBFCs. Not all of them offer lifetime free credit cards. Also, you must fulfil their eligibility criteria to gain access to lifetime free credit cards.
Some of the best lifetime free credit cards in India in 2023 are:
• IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card
• IDFC FIRST Millenia Credit card
• RBL Bank Insignia Preferred Banking Credit Card
• ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card
• Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
The IDFC First Bank credit card that is free for lifetime is the IDFC First Select Credit Card.
To check if your card is lifetime free, visit the fees and charges section of the card issuer’s website. If the joining and annual fees are nil, then your card is a lifetime free credit card.
There are quite a few banks that offer lifetime free credit cards. Some of them are Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, RBL Bank, Dhanlaxmi Bank, Bank of Baroda, and HSBC to name a few.
This article has been prepared on the basis of internal data, publicly available information and other sources believed to be reliable. The information contained in this article is for general purposes only and not a complete disclosure of every material fact. It should not be construed as investment advice to any party. The article does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information, and disclaims all liabilities, losses and damages arising out of the use of this information. Readers shall be fully liable/responsible for any decision taken on the basis of this article.
What is Issuer Identification Number (IIN)- Working and ImportanceWhat is an Issuer Identification Number (IIN)? Banks and financial institutions assign a distinc... Read More »
What is a Vostro Account – Meaning, Working and DifferenceWhat is a Vostro Account? A Vostro account is a bank account held by a domestic bank on behalf o... Read More »
What is a Solvency Certificate? – Format, Documents Required & How to Apply Online?What is a Solvency Certificate? A solvency certificate is a legal document furnishing the detail... Read More »
What is Merchant Banking – Services, Features, Functions and ExampleWhat is Merchant Banking? Merchant banking is a set of select banking and financial services off... Read More »
Automated Clearing House: Objectives, Types and ProcessAutomated Clearing House is an electronic fund transfer network that manages automatic and direct... Read More »
What is Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) in Banking and How does it Work?What is Electronic Clearing Service (ECS)? Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) is a method of elec... Read More »
What are Credit Card Validators and How to Use them?What is a Credit Card Validator? A credit card validator is a tool that checks the validity of a... Read More »
What are Prepaid Expenses? – Definition, Examples, and Journal EntryPrepaid expenses represent payments made in advance for products or services expected to be incurre... Read More »